Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance Hard Drive – AI 3.5″ SATA Drive 8TB (ST8000VE001)
Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance Hard Drive Description
Seagate Skyhawk Surveillance Hard Drive – AI 3.5″ SATA Drive 8TB (ST8000VE001) – Seagate® SkyHawk™ AI 18 TB is a surveillance-optimised drive designed for NVRs with artificial intelligence (AI) for edge applications.
- ImagePerfect™ AI firmware delivers zero dropped frames while supporting heavier workloads.
- Versatile capabilities intelligently adapt to the scale of your AI environment, supporting up to 64 HD video streams and 32 AI streams.
- Rest easy with three years of Rescue Data Recovery Services, offering an industry-leading 90% success rate against unexpected data loss from power outages, natural disasters, user error, viruses and more.
- SkyHawk Health Management actively helps protect your surveillance storage by focusing on prevention, intervention, and recovery options.
1 Included RAID RapidRebuild™ provides 3× faster volume rebuilds.
- Higher reliability with 2M hours MTBF and a 550 TB/year workload rate for more than 3× that of standard surveillance hard drives.
- Powerful processing to welcome workload challenges — SkyHawk AI supports video analysis and recording simultaneously with GPU analytics workloads.
- Enjoy consistent performance with built-in rotational vibration sensors providing reliable storage for NAS with little lag or downtime.
- Multi-bay support helps you meet your growing storage demands with up to 16+ bays.
- Capacity: 8TB
- Standard Model Numbers: ST8000VE001
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s
- Recording Technology: CMR
- Drive Design: Air
- Drive Bays Supported: 16+
- AI Channels: 32
- AI Real Time Capture Events/Sec: Up to 120
- AI Real Time Compare Events/Sec: Up to 96
- HD Cameras Supported: Up to 64
- RV Sensors: Yes
- Max. Sustained Transfer Rate OD (MB/s): 235MB/s
- Cache (MB): 256
- Tarnish Resistant: Yes
- Load/Unload Cycles: 300,000
- Non-recoverable Read Errors Rate, Max: 1 per 10E15
- Power-On Hours per year: 8,760
- Workload Rate Limit (WRL): 4 550
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) (hours): 2,000,000 hr
- Startup Current, Typical (12V, A): 1.8
- Average Operating Power (W): 8.73 W
- Idling Average (W): 7.5 W
- Standby Mode/Sleep Mode, Typical (W): 0.96/0.96
- Voltage Tolerance (5 V): +10%/-5%
- Voltage Tolerance (12 V): ±10%
- Operating (ambient, min °C): 5
- Operating (drive case, max °C): 70
- Non-operating (ambient, min °C): -40
- Height (mm/in, max): 26.11 mm/1.028 in
- Width (mm/in, max): 101.85 mm/4.01 in
- Depth (mm/in, max): 146.99 mm/5.787 in
- Weight (g/lb, typical): 716 g/1.579 lb
Product Manufactured by: Seagate
Product Found in: Internal Hard Drive
Cackle Part Number: 501995
Manufacturer Part Number: ST8000VE001