Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master ATX Motherboard For AMD Ryzen 3000, 4000, 5000 Series – AM4 socket, Triple PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Direct from CPU, Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax, 2.5GbE LAN, RGB FUSION 2.0, Q-Flash Plus (B550 AORUS MASTER)
Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master ATX Motherboard For AMD Ryzen 3000, 4000, 5000 Series – AM4 socket, Triple PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Direct from CPU, Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax, 2.5GbE LAN, RGB FUSION 2.0, Q-Flash Plus (B550 AORUS MASTER).
In the dark, starless night, the falcon strikes fear into the heart of its prey. Even with minimal visibility, the falcon pinpoints its prey and patiently anticipates the perfect moment to swoop in for the kill. The falcon with its laser sharp gaze dominates the darkness of night in the same manner that AORUS Core Lighting illuminates the vast AORUS ecosystem.
Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master ATX Motherboard Description
AMD StoreMI Technology
GIGABYTE B550 motherboards maximize your PC’s potential with AMD StoreMI technology. StoreMI accelerates traditional storage devices to reduce boot times and enhance the overall user experience. This easy-to-use utility combines the speed of SSDs with the high capacity of HDDs into a single drive, enhances the read/write speeds of the device to match that of SSDs, bolsters data performance for incredible value, and transforms the everyday PC to a performance driven system.
- Making the PC experience fast, smooth and easy
- Optimizing computer responsiveness from system boot to application launch
- Offering SSD performance with HDD capacity at an affordable cost
- Quickly accessing key files by automatically learning users’ computing behaviors
Ultimate Power Design
To fully support the latest 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors, B550 motherboards equip with the ultimate power solution which is true direct, digital and multiple phases. After countless experiments and testing, GIGABYTE presents the unbeatable B550 motherboards for enthusiast. No Compromise and never stop to achieve higher.
B550 AORUS MASTER motherboard uses an pure digital CPU power design which includes a digital PWM Controller and a total 16 phases for Vcore and SOC, is capable of providing 70A from each phase and a total of 1,120A power design. With additional 8+4 Solid-pin CPU Power Connectors offer incredible precision and stability in delivering power to the motherboard’s most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components, allowing enthusiasts to get the absolute maximum overclocking performance from 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ processors.
GIGABYTE realize that customer won’t stop chasing a better computing performance. We take care of it and implement on products. Protective and optimized memory trace enhance the performance. Faster read and write are needed to save time and improve efficiency. We offer plenty of M.2 storage with thermal guards to ensure unthrottled read and write. In advance, adopting PCIe 4.0 ready components get the B550 motherboards easier to upgrade.
AORUS is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility with profiles up to 5400MHz and beyond. All users need to do to attain this performance boost is to ensure that their memory module is XMP capable and that the XMP function is activated and enabled on their AORUS motherboard.
- 3X M.2 PCIe 4.0 Slot – M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 slot with Lower impedance.
- PCIe 4.0 Slot – Reinforces PCIe 4.0 x16/x8 bandwidth with lower impedance.
- PCIe 4.0 Switches & Redrivers – Switch PCIe 4.0 x16 bandwidth from CPU into PCIe 4.0 x8 for dGPU and 2*NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 for M.2 SSD usage.
Triple NVMe M.2 PCIe SSDs in RAID 0 Support
B550 AORUS motherboards offer the industry’s best compatibility in terms of NVMe storage for users who demand high capacity and seek the best performance. AORUS’ unique design can be configured in RAID for record speeds of up to 12490 MB/s (Sequential Read), making AORUS the obvious choice for the ultimate PC.
Advanced Thermal Solution
Unthrottled performance is guaranteed by the advanced thermal solution which including Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe, Thermal Guards, and Thermal Baseplate. B550 motherboards are cool on MOSFETs and M.2 SSDs even on full loading. It provides lower temperatures for enthusiasts, overclockers and professional gamers.
1. Enlarged surface Heatsinks -Enlarged surface heatsinks which increasing the surface area to improve thermal efficiency with better airflow and heat exchange.
2. 5W/mK Thermal Conductivity Pad – By using 5 W/mK high thermal conductivity pads, it can transfer 2.7x more heat as compared to traditional thermal pads in same time.
3. M.2 Thermal Guard – Built-in M.2 thermal guard heatsink helps the high-speed, large capacity of PCIe 4.0/3.0 SSDs to prevent overheat throttling and performance bottlenecks.
AORUS M.2 Thermal Guard – GIGABYTE Ultra-Efficient M.2 Thermal Guard
With durability in mind, GIGABYTE provides a thermal solution for M.2 SSD devices. The M.2 Thermal Guard prevents throttling and bottlenecks from high speed M.2 SSDs as it helps to dissipate heat before it becomes an issue.
HI-FI Audio System
For enthusiasts, sound quality is just as essential to the gaming experience. B550 motherboards are equipped with high quality audio components such as Hi-Fi grade WIMA FKP2 capacitors and Nichicon Fine Gold capacitors to provide a superb audio experience. The exclusive AORUS AMP-UP Audio technology makes for the ideal onboard sound solution for the most demanding audiophiles.
- Supports AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series/ Ryzen™ 5000 G-Series/ Ryzen™ 4000 G-Series and Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 16 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 70A Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Fins-Array Heatsink, Direct Touch Heatpipe and Thermal Baseplate
- Ultra Durable™ PCIe 4.0 Ready x16 Slot
- Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with Thermal Guards
- Onboard Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT5 with AORUS Antenna
- AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB and WIMA Capacitors for Rear 120dB SNR
- Blazing Fast 2.5GbE LAN with Bandwidth Management
- USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C™ & HDMI Support
- RGB FUSION 2.0 Supports Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
- Smart Fan 5 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors , Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP and Noise Detection
- Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
- Pre-installed IO Shield for Easy and Quick Installation
Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master ATX Motherboard Technical Specifications
|CPU||1. AMD Socket AM4, support for : AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series/ Ryzen™ 5000 G-Series/ Ryzen™ 4000 G-Series and Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors|
(Please refer “CPU Support List” for more information.)
|Chipset||1. AMD B550|
|Memory||1. 4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB (32 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory|
|2. Support for DDR4 5400(O.C.) / 5300(O.C.) / 5200(O.C.) / 5100(O.C.) / 4800(O.C.) / 4600(O.C.) / 4400(O.C.) / 4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C) / 3400(O.C.) / 3200 / 2933 / 2667 / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules|
|3. Dual channel memory architecture|
|4. Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules*|
* ECC memory (ECC mode) support varies by CPU
|5. Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules|
|6. Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules|
(Please refer “Memory Support List” for more information.)
|Onboard Graphics||Integrated Graphics Processor:|
|1. 1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096×[email protected] Hz|
* Support for HDMI 2.1 version, HDCP 2.3, and HDR.
|Maximum shared memory of 16 GB|
|Audio||1. Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec|
* The back panel line out jack supports DSD audio.
|2. Support for DTS:X® Ultra|
|3. High Definition Audio|
|5. Support for S/PDIF Out|
|LAN||1. Realtek® 2.5GbE LAN chip (2.5 Gbit/1 Gbit/100 Mbit)|
|Wireless Communication module||Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200|
|1. WIFI a, b, g, n, ac with wave 2 features, ax, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band|
|2. BLUETOOTH 5|
|3. Support for 11ax 160MHz wireless standard and up to 2.4 Gbps data rate|
* Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
|Expansion Slots||1 x PCI Express x16 slot (PCIEX16), integrated in the CPU:|
|1. AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series and Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors support PCIe 4.0 x16 mode|
|2. AMD Ryzen™ Ryzen™ 5000 G-Series and Ryzen™ 4000 G-Series Processors support PCIe 3.0 x16 mode|
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
* The PCIEX16 slot shares bandwidth with the M2B_CPU and M2C_CPU connectors. The PCIEX16 slot operates at up to x8 mode when a device is installed in the M2B_CPU or M2C_CPU connector.
|2 x PCI Express x16 slots (PCIEX4_1/PCIEX4_2), integrated in the Chipset:|
|1. Supporting PCIe 3.0 x4 mode|
* The PCIEX4_2 slot shares bandwidth with the SATA3 4, 5 connectors. The PCIEX4_2 slot operates at up to x2 mode when a device is installed in the SATA3 4 or SATA3 5 connector.
|Storage Interface||1 x M.2 connector (M2A_CPU), integrated in the CPU, supporting Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2280/22110 SSDs:|
|1. AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series and Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors support SATA and PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSDs|
|2. AMD Ryzen™ Ryzen™ 5000 G-Series and Ryzen™ 4000 G-Series Processors support SATA and PCIe 3.0 x4/x2 SSDs|
|2 x M.2 connectors (M2B_CPU/M2C_CPU), integrated in the CPU, supporting Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2280/22110 SSDs:|
|1. AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series and Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors support PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSDs|
|2. AMD Ryzen™ Ryzen™ 5000 G-Series and Ryzen™ 4000 G-Series Processors support PCIe 3.0 x4/x2 SSDs|
|6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors, integrated in the Chipset:|
|1. Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 10|
|CPU:||1. 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel|
|Chipset:||1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support|
|2. 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel|
|3. 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports available through the internal USB header|
|4. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports on the back panel|
|Chipset+2 USB 2.0 Hubs:||1. 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)|
|Internal I/O Connectors||1. 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector|
|2. 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector|
|3. 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector|
|4. 1 x CPU fan header|
|5. 1 x water cooling CPU fan header|
|6. 4 x system fan headers|
|7. 2 x system fan/water cooling pump headers|
|8. 2 x addressable LED strip headers|
|9. 2 x RGB LED strip headers|
|10. 1 x CPU cooler LED strip/RGB LED strip header|
|11. 3 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors|
|12. 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors|
|13. 1 x front panel header|
|14. 1 x front panel audio header|
|15. 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 header|
|16. 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers|
|17. 1 x noise detection header|
|18. 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header (2×6 pin, for the GC-TPM2.0_S module only)|
|19. 1 x Thunderbolt™ add-in card connector|
|20. 1 x Clear CMOS jumper|
|21. 2 x temperature sensor headers|
|22. 1 x Thunderbolt header|
|＊All fan headers are subject to support AIO_Pump, Pump and high performance fan with the capability of delivering up to 2A/12V @ 24W.|
|Back Panel Connectors||1. 2 x SMA antenna connectors (2T2R)|
|2. 1 x HDMI port|
|3. 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports|
|4. 5 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red)|
|5. 1 x USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support|
|6. 1 x Q-Flash Plus button|
|7. 1 x RJ-45 port|
|8. 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector|
|9. 5 x audio jacks|
|I/O Controller||1. iTE® I/O Controller Chip|
|H/W Monitoring||1. Voltage detection|
|2. Temperature detection|
|3. Fan speed detection|
|4. Water cooling flow rate detection|
|5. Overheating warning|
|6. Fan fail warning|
|7. Fan speed control|
|* Whether the fan (pump) speed control function is supported will depend on the fan (pump) you install.|
|8. Noise detection|
|BIOS||1. 2 x 256 Mbit flash|
|2. Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS|
|3. Support for DualBIOS™|
|4. PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0|
|Unique Features||1. Support for APP Center|
|* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.|
|System Information Viewer|
|2. Support for Q-Flash Plus|
|3. Support for Q-Flash|
|4. Support for Xpress Install|
|Bundled Software||1. Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)|
|2. XSplit Gamecaster + Broadcaster (12 months license)|
|3. Realtek® 8125 Gaming LAN Bandwidth Control Utility|
|Operating System||1. Support for Windows 10 64-bit|
|Form Factor||1. ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm|
Product Manufactured by: Gigabyte
Product Found in: Gigabyte Motherboard
Cackle Part Number: 504249
Manufacturer Part Number: B550 AORUS MASTER