Poly SHR 2083-01 Dual Ear Circumaural Noise Cancelling Headset
Poly SHR 2083-01 Description
Poly SHR 2083-01 – STANDARD RUGGEDIZED HEADSETS – BINAURAL
This Circumaural headset with its bidirectional noise-cancelling microphone, is used by Landing Support Officers on Aircraft Carriers. It delivers clear communication in high-noise environments such as the New York Stock Exchange.
Poly SHR 2083-01 Features
- All models are equipped with noise canceling electret microphones that provide a 20 dB (90%) reduction in transmitted background noise. They feature adjustable microphone booms and headbands.
- Earcups on circumaural models provide a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 22 dB.
- Headsets are fitted with various types of Quick Disconnects (QD) which allow the user to easily detach the headset from the interface cable.
- Model SHR 2376 can be worn with helmets or other headgear.
- The cables feature robust polyurethane (PU) jacketing material. They are resistant to UV, oil and solvents. They remain flexible over a wide range of temperature extremes.
- Heavy duty foot switches, waterproof PTT’s and custom headsets available upon request.
The microphone reduces transmitted background noise by 20 dB.
The high quality gooseneck boom allows the microphone to easily be positioned in front of the mouth. The distance between the front and rear ports reduces the sensitivity at 1 KHz to far field noise by 15 dB compared to close talking response.Compared to on-axis voice,the bi-directional response reduces 90 degree incident noise by 20 dB more and random noise by 5 dB more.The bandpass is limited to 5 KHz and it acoustically filters the higher frequencies which are unwanted on most communication systems.
The Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of the Ruggedized Headsets is 22 dB.
The level of noise entering the users ear when the headset is worn as directed is approximated by the difference between the A-Weighted environmental noise and the Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of the headset. For example: If the environmental noise level as measured at the ear is 92 dBA, and the NRR of the headset is 22 dB,then the resulting level of noise entering the ear is approximately 70 dBA. The headset must be properly worn to attenuate noise effectively.
Product Manufactured by: Poly
Product Found in: Deskphone Headsets
Cackle Part Number: CP925
Manufacturer Part Number: 92083-01