Apple MacBook Pro 16″ MVVL2X/A Touch Bar (Silver) – 2.6GHz, 6 Core, Intel i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB of GDDR6
Apple MacBook Pro 16″ MVVL2X/A Description
Apple MacBook Pro 16″ MVVL2X/A – The best for the brightest.
Designed for those who defy limits and change the world, the 16-inch MacBook Pro is by far the most powerful notebook we have ever made. With an immersive Retina display, ultrafast processors, advanced graphics, the largest battery capacity ever in a MacBook Pro, Magic Keyboard and massive storage, it’s the ultimate pro notebook for the ultimate user.
Apple MacBook Pro 16″ MVVL2X/A Features
A big, beautiful workspace. For doing big, beautiful work. MacBook Pro features a stunning 16-inch Retina display — the largest Retina display ever in a Mac notebook. It produces 500 nits of brightness for spectacular highlights and bright whites, while delivering deep blacks thanks to the precise photo alignment of liquid crystal molecules. And the P3 wide colour gamut enables brilliant, true-to-life images and video. So no matter where you are, you’ll see your work in the best possible light.
P3 Wide Colour Gamut
The narrow-band LED-powered backlight allows MacBook Pro to represent the P3 wide colour gamut for brilliant, true-to-life colour in photos and videos. P3 wide colour gamut. 500 nits of brightness
The oxide thin film transistor (TFT) features 10 times faster pixel charging than the traditional amorphous silicon TFT, and holds the pixel voltage steady during low-frequency power-saving modes, enabling precise resolution and longer battery life.
An Apple-patented metal layer in the TFT maximises the transmittance of the pixels, enhancing brightness and colour uniformity while reducing pixel cross-talk, which can cause visual artefacts.
A mirrorlike enhanced reflector sheet in the backlight reflects over 98 per cent of incident light, allowing MacBook Pro to achieve 500 nits of brightness efficiently.
Processor and Memory Working at the speed of thought
The 16-inch MacBook Pro brings a whole new class of performance to the notebook. Thanks to a more advanced thermal design, the Intel Core i9 processor with up to eight cores and 16 threads of processing power sustains higher performance for longer periods of time — and delivers up to 2.1 times the performance of a quad-core MacBook Pro. So whether you’re layering dozens of tracks and effects, rendering 3D models, or compiling and testing code, you’ll be doing it in no time flat.
More advanced thermal architecture enables faster processing
The thermal architecture in MacBook Pro has been completely redesigned, featuring larger impellers with improved fan blades for optimal airflow and more heat-dispersing fins for more effective cooling. The resulting gain in cooling capacity allows MacBook Pro to deliver up to 12 watts more maximum sustained power.
- 28% increased airflow
- 35% larger heat sink
Up to 64GB of DDR4 memory means more efficient multitasking
The 16-inch MacBook Pro uses fast 2666MHz DDR4 memory — up to 64GB — for smooth performance whether you’re loading hundreds of audio samples, editing billion-pixel images or running multiple virtual machines.
- Up to 64GB of DDR4 memory
- Up to 4.3x faster than 16GB
Graphics – Bending reality takes bandwidth
The AMD Radeon Pro 5000M series delivers the most graphics horsepower ever in a MacBook Pro. The 16‑inch MacBook Pro base model is over twice as fast as the previous‑generation base model, for seamless playback and faster rendering of ultra‑high‑definition video.
For working on graphics-intensive projects like 3D rendering or high‑end game development, you can supercharge your MacBook Pro with the optional Radeon Pro 5600M. With its 40 compute units and 8GB of High Bandwidth Memory, this powerhouse GPU brings a new level of desktop‑class graphics power to MacBook Pro.
Keyboard – There’s magic in a perfect workspace
The 16-inch MacBook Pro takes workflow efficiency to a new level. The Magic Keyboard features a refined scissor mechanism with 1 millimetre of travel for a responsive, comfortable and quiet typing experience. The Touch Bar puts powerful shortcuts front and centre, and Touch ID provides fast authentication. A dedicated Escape key allows for quick switching between modes and views. And the inverted-T arrow keys enable fluid navigation whether you’re flying through lines of code, navigating spreadsheets or gaming.
Audio – Bigger bass. Better mic.
MacBook Pro has a big voice. The six-speaker sound system produces room-filling wide stereo sound like you’ve never heard from a notebook before. Dual force-cancelling woofers dramatically reduce system vibration for a clearer, more natural sound and a half-octave lower range to the bass. And the studio-quality three-mic array rivals professional third-party microphones, for creating clean podcasts or music recordings on the go.
Storage – Bring your whole studio with you.
The 16-inch MacBook Pro has up to 8TB of SSD storage — the most available in any notebook. So you can take photo or video libraries with you, no matter where you’re heading. And with ultrafast speeds, massive files load in an instant and pro apps launch in a blink.
Battery – A battery with a strong work ethic.
The 16-inch MacBook Pro has the highest-capacity battery we’ve ever put in a notebook. The 100-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery not only powers the larger display and delivers higher maximum sustained power, it also provides longer battery life — up to 11 hours of wireless web browsing and video playback.22 So you’ll have more time to work between charges — whether you’re on or off the grid.
Apple T2 Security Chip – The next generation of security.
Every MacBook Pro is equipped with the Apple T2 Security Chip — our second‑generation custom-engineered Mac silicon designed to make everything you do even more secure. It includes a Secure Enclave coprocessor that powers Touch ID and provides the foundation for secure boot and encrypted storage capabilities. It also consolidates many discrete controllers — including the system management controller, audio controller and SSD controller — into one.
Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra‑high bandwidth with the remarkable versatility of the USB‑C industry standard to create one revved‑up universal port. It integrates data transfer, charging and video output in a single connector, delivering up to 40 Gbps of throughput for twice the bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2. MacBook Pro is equipped with four ports, so you can do all of that from either side. Existing devices are easily connected with a cable or adapter. And Thunderbolt 3 is reversible, so no matter how you plug in, it’s always the right way up.
- Retina display
- 16‑inch (diagonal) LED‑backlit display with IPS technology; 3072‑by‑1920 native resolution at 226 pixels per inch with support for millions of colours
- Supported scaled resolutions:
- 2048 by 1280
- 1792 by 1120
- 1344 by 840
- 1152 by 720
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide colour (P3)
- True Tone technology
- Refresh rates: 47.95Hz, 48.00Hz, 50.00Hz, 59.94Hz and 60.00Hz
- 2.6GHz 6‑core Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz and 12MB shared L3 cache
- Configurable to 2.4GHz 8‑core Intel Core i9 with Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz and 16MB shared L3 cache
- 512GB SSD
- Configurable to 1TB, 2TB, 4TB or 8TB SSD
- 16GB of 2666MHz DDR4 onboard memory
- Configurable to 32GB or 64GB of memory
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory and automatic graphics switching
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Configurable to AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB of GDDR6 memory, or AMD Radeon Pro 5600M with 8GB of HBM2 memory
- Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40 Gbps)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10 Gbps)
- Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 65 (US) or 66 (ISO) keys, including four arrow keys in an inverted‑T arrangement
- Touch Bar
- Touch ID sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures
- 802.11ac Wi‑Fi wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display in millions of colours and:
- Up to two displays with 6016‑by‑3384 resolution at 60Hz in over a billion colours or
- Up to four displays with 4096‑by‑2304 resolution at 60Hz in over a billion colours
Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- High‑fidelity six‑speaker system with force‑cancelling woofers
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Studio‑quality three-mic array with high signal-to-noise ratio and directional beamforming
- 3.5-mm headphone jack
- Height: 1.62 cm (0.64 inch)
- Width: 35.79 cm (14.09 inches)
- Depth: 24.59 cm (9.68 inches)
- Weight: 2.0 kg (4.3 pounds)3
- macOS is the most advanced desktop operating system in the world. macOS Big Sur introduces a bold new design and major updates to apps — taking macOS to a new level of power and beauty.
- Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
- Features include:
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- 16‑inch MacBook Pro
- 96W USB‑C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
- Products that you purchase in New Zealand are covered by New Zealand consumer law. For more details, click here.
Product Manufactured by: Apple
Product Found in: MacBook Pro
Cackle Part Number: CAPP118
Manufacturer Part Number: MVVL2X/A