Apple MacBook Pro 14″ (MKGP3X/A) – M1 Pro Chip, 8 Core CPU, 14 Core GPU, 16GB Unified Memory, 512GB SSD, Liquid Retina XDR, Space Grey
Apple MacBook Pro 14″ (MKGP3X/A) Description
Apple MacBook Pro 14″ (MKGP3X/A) – Supercharged for pros.
The most powerful MacBook Pro ever is here. With the blazing-fast M1 Pro or M1 Max chip — the first Apple silicon designed for pros — you get groundbreaking performance and amazing battery life. Add to that a stunning Liquid Retina XDR display, the best camera and audio ever in a Mac notebook, and all the ports you need. The first notebook of its kind, this MacBook Pro is a beast.
- Up to 3.7x faster CPU performance1
- Up to1 3x faster graphics performance2
- Up to 11x faster machine learning3
- Up to 21 hours battery life4
M1 Pro Chip – Scary fast.
- Up to 10-core CPU
- Up to 16-core GPU
- Up to 32GB of unified memory
- Up to 200GB/s memory bandwidth
M1 Pro and M1 Max scale the amazing M1 architecture to new heights — and for the first time, they bring a system on a chip (SoC) architecture to a pro notebook. Both have more CPU cores, more GPU cores and more unified memory than M1. Along with a powerful Neural Engine for supercharged machine learning, and upgraded media engines with ProRes support, M1 Pro and M1 Max allow pros to do things they never could before.
A whole new power structure.
The new MacBook Pro is the first to put a system on a chip (SoC) into a pro notebook. Other pro systems use power-hungry CPUs, discrete GPUs and multiple chips, each working separately. M1 Pro and M1 Max combine the CPU, GPU, I/O and Neural Engine in a single SoC with unified memory. As a result, M1 Pro and M1 Max not only fly through intensive workflows that were once impossible on a notebook — they also provide incredible battery life.
Connected at the chip. Other pro notebooks need to copy data back and forth over a slower interface. Not the new MacBook Pro. Its CPU and GPU share a single pool of unified memory. That means every part of the chip connects to data and memory without needing to copy it, so everything you do is faster and more efficient.
M1 Pro and M1 Max CPUs each leverage up to eight high-performance cores and two high-efficiency cores to deliver faster processing at a tenth of the power. Their GPUs have access to lower-latency data with vastly improved power efficiency for unmatched performance per watt.
Incredible performance. Unrivalled efficiency.
CPU Performance vs Power
At their peak, M1 Pro and M1 Max deliver 1.7 times more performance than the latest 8-core PC laptop chip in the same power envelope. And they match the highest performance levels of the PC chip at 70 per cent less power.25
M1 Pro – Scary fast.
M1 Pro takes the exceptional performance of the M1 architecture to a whole new level for pro users. Even the most ambitious projects are easily handled with up to 10 CPU cores, up to 16 GPU cores, a 16‑core Neural Engine, and dedicated encode and decode media engines that support H.264, HEVC and ProRes codecs.
- Up to 16‑core GPU
- Up to 32GB of unified memory
- Up to 200GB/s memory bandwidth
- Support for two external displays
Up to 20 streams of 4K ProRes video playback5
Choose your size. Choose your chip. Let it rip.
The new MacBook Pro is available in 14- and 16-inch models. Each can be configured with the M1 Pro or M1 Max chip and offers unprecedented levels of pro performance. So you can manipulate millions of polygons in Cinema 4D, edit up to seven streams of 8K ProRes video in Final Cut Pro, or grade colour in HDR on 8K 4444 ProRes video — all hours away from the edit bay.
We can do this all day.
Ferocious performance with game‑changing battery life — that efficiency is the magic of Apple silicon. A single charge lets you compile up to four times as much code in Xcode19 or edit images for twice as long in Lightroom Classic.20 And unlike other notebooks, MacBook Pro delivers the same amazing performance whether it’s plugged in or not.
Feast your eyes on XDR.
Liquid Retina XDR. The best display ever in a notebook features Extreme Dynamic Range and a 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio. HDR content comes to life in photos, video and games — with refined specular highlights, incredible detail in shadows, and vibrant, true-to-life colours. Each display is factory-calibrated and features pro reference modes for HDR colour grading, photography, design and print production.
ProMotion. ProMotion comes to Mac for the first time, making everything from scrolling through a web page to gaming incredibly fluid and responsive — while also reducing power consumption. With refresh rates of up to 120Hz, the adaptive technology automatically adjusts to match the movement of the content. ProMotion video editors can also choose a fixed refresh rate that precisely aligns with their footage.
- Display enclosure. Less than 4 millimetres thin, it provides the structure for the world’s best notebook display.
- Mini-LEDs. Thousands of mini-LEDs are grouped into individually controlled local dimming zones for precise brightness and contrast.
- Custom-engineered optical films and diffusers. Seven films and diffusers mix and shape the light efficiently while enabling an ultrathin design.
- High-mobility oxide TFT. The oxide thin film transistor (TFT) allows pixels to charge two times faster than before, enabling refresh rates of up to 120Hz.
- LCD panel. The active area of the display is pushed to the edge for up to 60 per cent thinner borders, providing more room for your content.
- 1,000nits sustained brightness
- 1,600nits peak brightness
- 1,000,000:1contrast ratio
14.2″ – 3024 by 1964, 5.9 million pixels, 254 ppi
Heads up — the camera’s 1080p HD.
Staying connected is more important than ever. That’s why the new MacBook Pro camera has double the resolution — 1080p — and uses a lens with a wider aperture that lets in more light. Together with a larger image sensor that has more efficient pixels, the camera delivers two times better low‑light performance.
Three studio‑quality mics. Thanks to mics with an up to 60 per cent lower noise floor, MacBook Pro can capture even the subtlest sounds. And the three-mic array uses directional beamforming so your voice always comes through loud and clear.
Six-speaker sound system. Four force-cancelling woofers reveal notes up to a half-octave deeper and fill the room with up to 80 per cent more bass. And the high‑performance tweeters project clearer, fuller vocals.
Spatial audio. Thanks to the room‑filling six‑speaker system and advanced algorithms, MacBook Pro supports spatial audio when playing music or video with Dolby Atmos, creating a sophisticated, three‑dimensional sound stage. Combine that with the Liquid Retina XDR display, and it’s like having a portable cinema.
More plugged in than ever.
Transfer photos and videos with an SDXC card reader. Connect to TVs or displays with HDMI output. Listen using a 3.5-millimetre headphone jack that detects and automatically adjusts for high‑impedance headphones. Connect to high-speed peripherals or displays with three Thunderbolt 4 ports. And fast‑charge using the quick‑releasing MagSafe 3 port.
More pixels than ever.
Connect up to three Pro Display XDRs and a 4K TV with M1 Max. Or connect up to two Pro Display XDRs with M1 Pro.
Pro power meets pro keyboard.
macOS Monterey and Apple silicon. Beauty and the beast.
Use a single keyboard and mouse or trackpad to work seamlessly between your Mac and iPad with Universal Control.28 Automate complex tasks with Shortcuts. Share your screen, watch together or collaborate with FaceTime. And browse with the best Safari yet. When it’s time to concentrate, Focus lets you control which people and apps can reach you.
Pro apps. Unleashed by M1 Pro and M1 Max.
Over 10,000 apps and plug-ins are already optimised for Apple silicon. And Rosetta 2 seamlessly translates apps designed for Intel processors for use on your new MacBook Pro.
- Photo Editing
- Graphic Design
- 3D Rendering
- Audio Production
- Video Editing
- Software Development
- Affinity Designer, Sketch, Vectorworks, Adobe Illustrator, Pixelmator Pro and more.
Designed with the earth in mind.
The new MacBook Pro has been carefully designed with the environment in mind. The enclosure is now made with 100% recycled aluminium. And we use recycled rare earth elements in all the magnets in the product. MacBook Pro is free of numerous harmful substances and all the virgin wood fibre in our packaging comes from responsibly managed forests.
- 8-core CPU with six performance cores and two efficiency cores
- 14-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
- 200GB/s memory bandwidth
- Hardware-accelerated H.264, HEVC, ProRes and ProRes RAW
- Video decode engine
- Video encode engine
- ProRes encode and decode engine
- M1 Pro with 10-core CPU and 14-core GPU, M1 Pro with 10-core CPU and 16-core GPU, M1 Max with 10-core CPU and 24-core GPU, or M1 Max with 10-core CPU and 32-core GPU
Liquid Retina XDR display
- 14.2-inch (diagonal) Liquid Retina XDR display;1 3024-by-1964 native
resolution at 254 pixels per inch
XDR (Extreme Dynamic Range)
- Up to 1,000 nits sustained (full-screen) brightness, 1,600 nits peak brightness
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio
- 1 billion colours
- Wide colour (P3)
- True Tone technology
- ProMotion technology for adaptive refresh rates up to 120Hz
- Fixed refresh rates: 47.95Hz, 48.00Hz, 50.00Hz, 59.94Hz, 60.00Hz
- 16GB unified memory
- 32GB (M1 Pro or M1 Max) or 64GB (M1 Max)
Battery and Power2
- Up to 17 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Up to 11 hours wireless web
- 70-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery2
- 67W USB-C Power Adapter (included with M1 Pro with 8-core CPU)
- 96W USB-C Power Adapter (included with M1 Pro with 10-core CPU or M1 Max, configurable with M1 Pro with 8-core CPU)
- USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable
- Fast-charge–capable with 96W USB-C Power Adapter
- 512GB SSD
- 1TB, 2TB, 4TB or 8TB
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display in 1 billion
- Up to two external displays with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz in over a billion colours (M1 Pro), or up to three external displays with up to 6K resolution and one external display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz in over a billion colours (M1 Max)
Thunderbolt 4 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
HDMI digital video output
- Support for one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz
- DVI output using HDMI to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
Keyboard and Trackpad
Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 78 (US) or 79 (ISO) keys, including four arrow keys in an inverted-T arrangement and 12 full-height function keys
- Touch ID
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing and Multi-Touch gestures
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 1080p FaceTime HD camera
- Advanced image signal processor with computational video
- High-fidelity six-speaker sound system with force-cancelling woofers
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for spatial audio when playing music or video with Dolby Atmos on built-in speakers
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking when using AirPods (3rd generation), AirPods Pro and AirPods Max
- Studio-quality three-mic array with high signal-to-noise ratio and directional beamforming
- 3.5-mm headphone jack with advanced support for high-impedance headphones
Size and Weight
- Height: 1.55 cm (0.61 inch)
- Width: 31.26 cm (12.31 inches)
- Depth: 22.12 cm (8.71 inches)
- Weight: 1.61 kg (3.5 pounds)4
- Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Pro. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
- Learn more
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
In the Box
- 14-inch MacBook Pro
- 67W USB-C Power Adapter (M1 Pro with 8-core CPU) or 96W USB-C Power Adapter (M1 Pro with 10-core CPU, or M1 Max)
- USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable (2 m)
Limited Warranty and Service
- Products that you purchase in New Zealand are covered by New Zealand consumer law. For more details, click here.
- Your Apple 14″ MacBook Pro also comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one‑year limited warranty from Apple. To learn more about how Apple will service your Apple 14″ MacBook Pro, click here.
- Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac to get up to three years of expert technical support and additional hardware coverage from Apple, including up to two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months, each subject to a service fee of NZ$169 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or NZ$499 for other damage. Coverage begins on your AppleCare+ purchase date. For more information, click here.
Configure to Order
- Configure your Apple 14″ MacBook Pro with these options, only on the Apple website:
- M1 Pro with 10-core CPU and 14-core GPU
- M1 Pro with 10-core CPU and 16-core GPU
- M1 Max with 10-core CPU and 24-core GPU
- M1 Max with 10-core CPU and 32-core GPU
- 32GB unified memory (M1 Pro and M1 Max)
- 64GB unified memory (M1 Max)
- 1TB, 2TB, 4TB or 8TB SSD
- 96W USB-C Power Adapter (included with M1 Pro with 10-core CPU, or M1 Max)
Apple 14″ MacBook Pro and the Environment
The Apple 14″ MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:6
Made with better materials
- 100 per cent recycled aluminium in the enclosure
- 100 per cent recycled rare earth elements in all magnets, representing 98 per cent of the rare earth elements in the device
- 100 per cent recycled tin in the solder of the main logic board
- 35 per cent or more recycled plastic in multiple components
- ENERGY STAR®–certified7
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-, BFR-, PVC- and beryllium‑free
- Apple’s Zero Waste Program helps suppliers eliminate waste sent to landfill
- All final assembly supplier sites are transitioning to 100 per cent renewable energy for Apple production
- 100 per cent of virgin wood fibre comes from responsibly managed forests
- 90 per cent or more fibre-based packaging
- Apple takes a holistic view of materials management and waste minimisation.
- Learn more about how to recycle your Mac
Apple and the Environment
- We’re committed to making our products without taking from the earth, and to becoming carbon-neutral across our entire business, including our products, by 2030.
- See Apple’s commitment
Product Manufactured by: Apple
Product Found in: MacBook Pro
Cackle Part Number: 500994
Manufacturer Part Number: MKGP3X/A